idk if anyone’s made this rebloggable yet but i sure as hell needed it on my blog
Most of the rest are legitimate concerns though.
1. Your articles brought up the point that women go into occupations that are paid less than the ones men choose. This is patently false. These occupations are paid less because they are taken up by women. This is an entirely separate issue from equal pay for equal work. Regardless, blaming selection bias still leads to a 10-15% wage gap.
2. Even when controlling for selection bias due to occupation and number of hours worked, there’s still a significant gap of anywhere between thirteen to FORTY-FOUR PERCENT depending on occupation between women and men doing the same work with the same qualifications.
fef this reply is turnin me on
Oh hey look at how the shit I talk about is easily backed up by a lot of hard data. ISN’T THAT NEAT.
Just wanted to say this about the wage gap: I’m in a doctoral-level profession that’s been slowly turning from all-male (1950s) to majority-female (about 60:40 women:men at present) and had a professor who hated, loathed, and despised female students because he believed the influx of women into the profession had led to a decrease in wages and prestige over the last 40 years.
There’s also a problem with a glass ceiling and the fact that some companies will give men higher wages than women for the same job, with the same experience (or, in some cases, give men more money with less experience.) A major lawsuit involving a major employer not long ago showed that 9/10 of their management (and more in upper management) was male because of preferential promotion.
Case and point: I’ve been with my company for 3.5 years and in my current position for over 2 years. I am *still* making less than the MAN who held the job before me (I do the accounting so I know), yet he wasn’t even with the company 3 full years. And it has nothing to do with the quality of my work because I have consistently received stellar reviews since I started this job.
- megfo reblogged this from crow-song
- longroadstonowhere likes this
- extraterrasshole reblogged this from fanonurl
- fanonurl reblogged this from roachpatrol
- derpinainreallife likes this
- sakuranagayshi likes this
- alphabetsouppredictsyourdoom reblogged this from minato-rise-up
- ianmahler likes this
- eddyckeane likes this
- topsytrickster reblogged this from wrathia-bellarmina
- dreamfaerye reblogged this from bronzedragon
- dreamfaerye likes this
- puddingofdarkness likes this
- bzahhh likes this
- boblittboy likes this
- littlealiengirl likes this
- frankcoffee reblogged this from roachpatrol and added:
- korvidae likes this
- massivebittrip likes this
- curtzilla likes this
- nonesane reblogged this from evenpicasso
- barontristan likes this
- blotthis likes this
- agirloficeandfire reblogged this from bronzedragon and added:
- mrkibbles reblogged this from roachpatrol and added:
- asingingpenguin reblogged this from whenthewolfcomeshome
- shinminahs likes this
- beahbeah likes this
- dalekbiscuit reblogged this from bronzedragon
- bronzedragon reblogged this from shiisa and added:
- shiisa reblogged this from theskypilot
- theslothsarecoming likes this
- prunescholar likes this
- unformed8 likes this
- the-midsummer-dingo reblogged this from theskypilot
- theskypilot reblogged this from eyjayy
- amayafire likes this
- manayaa likes this
- fireblooms likes this
- undoherdamage reblogged this from roachpatrol
- kiwibat reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- invertedyaxis likes this
- nonesane likes this
- mariahgem likes this
- liquidzoot reblogged this from ohjeffreyno and added:
- katiebug7557 likes this
- ohjeffreyno reblogged this from femmetronic
- deadshuffle likes this
- graphitetroll reblogged this from roachpatrol